I used 3/16 x 1 flat stock for the top and a 5&3/4 x 1&7/8 x 3/16 piece for flat stock for the front bracket. I made a CAD drawing and printed it to scale. Cut the template out and stacked my pieces and cut two at a time. If anyone wants the drawing, I can email it in a PDF form just send me a PM. This set of brackets will lower and shift the bags 2.5 inches. If you have after market pipes that are lower than the stock pipe for the rear cylinder, this method should work and is relatively cheap and easy.
I now have to redo the drawing for to accomodate my pipes. I likely only be able to lower them an inch and move the back an inch. I'll be using 1/4 inch stock because I will have to tap the front brackets to clear my pipes. Fab time was about an hour and a half (without painting) using an pneumatice cut off tool and a hand drill.
Thanks goes to Mr_Shamrock for the inspiration.