So the RSTD headlight bezel is a direct fit on the Roadie?
I've gone through 4 wallets since I joined the RSC 3 years ago.
I know where I can get one on the cheap tomorrow.
Absolutely plug & play. Did it with one tool in 15 minutes sitting at my desk at work.
1. Remove your headlight by pulling the 2 large phillips screws from the lower sides of your headlight bucket.*
2. Unplug your headlight bulb but leave the whole thing together for the swap. I even left the rubber boot in place, but you could remove it easy enough if you wanted to.
3. Remove the W-shaped rim retainer spring and set aside.
4. Back out the LONG adjuster screws with the springs on them until they are completely free.**
5. Remove the adjuster screws & springs & set aside.
6. Remove the plastic adjuster stays from the original reflector frame & set aside.
- now -
7. Place adjuster stays in new reflector frame.
8. Place entire headlight assembly in new rim.
9. Replace adjuster screws & springs and screw them back to about the same place they originally were.**
10. Replace W-shaped rim retainer spring.
11. Plug your headlight electrical connector back into back of bulb.
12. Put entire assembly onto headlight bucket & replace 2 large phillips screws in lower sides of bucket.
13. Stand back & take a picture to show us how it looks on YOUR bike.
* If you have a windshield mounted, removing it can make it easier to get at the screws holding your headlight together. Spotlights can also make it a little tighter working space as well. Using a really long screwdriver can make it an easier job in both cases.
** If you measure the exposed screw before you back these out it might make it easier to re-adjust the aim of your headlight later.