Road Star Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Mobile App???
#1028699
bruisercruiser (User)
Senior Boarder
Posts: 291
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Ontario Birthdate: 0000-06-30
Re:Mobile App??? 1 Week, 2 Days ago  
This is a no-brainer. Apps are so much easier. You're stuck on the road with a broken bike and need help, then the app is priceless. $20 sent!


BubbaKahuna wrote:
I guess now that the GOAL HAS BEEN MET for the Bronze 25GB cloud hosting package for the new forum, the only other question is:

Should we get a few more donations to include a one-time purchase of the Mobile App?
The mobile app add-on costs $199 & includes a separate app for both iOS and Android mobile devices.
Phones, tablets, etc. Specifically ported to be viewable on your portable devices.
This would be just like eBay, PayPal, your Weather app or anything else.
You'd download it (free) on your phone & use it as much as you like.

Would this be of value to you?

View the forum & tech articles on your smartphone in the garage while you're working on the bike?

https://www.vbulletin.com/en/mobile/
 
Logged Logged  
 
[url=https://flic.kr/p/WfWBTe]
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1028705
Spydr (User)
Let's Ride !
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 2251
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl.
Re:Mobile App??? 1 Week, 2 Days ago  
BubbaKahuna wrote:
I guess now that the GOAL HAS BEEN MET for the Bronze 25GB cloud hosting package for the new forum, the only other question is:

Should we get a few more donations to include a one-time purchase of the Mobile App?
The mobile app add-on costs $199 & includes a separate app for both iOS and Android mobile devices.
Phones, tablets, etc. Specifically ported to be viewable on your portable devices.
This would be just like eBay, PayPal, your Weather app or anything else.
You'd download it (free) on your phone & use it as much as you like.

Would this be of value to you?

View the forum & tech articles on your smartphone in the garage while you're working on the bike?

https://www.vbulletin.com/en/mobile/


Bubba, do we HAVE to download the app from Google Play Store or will it be available from other sources?
 
Logged Logged  
 
Welcome to my NightMare
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1028707
Roadierob (User)
Expert Boarder
Posts: 501
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Mobile App??? 1 Week, 2 Days ago  
Done
Thanks for everything!!!

Rob
 
Logged Logged  
 

  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1028708
jinxpress (User)
Gold Boarder
Posts: 792
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Buckeye Lake Area Ohio Birthdate: 1948-00-00
Re:Mobile App??? 1 Week, 2 Days ago  
I don't understand, been using my Android phone here, couple years.
 
Logged Logged  
 
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1028710
Tykes_Place (User)
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 3334
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male tykesplace Tykesplace Location: Helena, MT
Re:Mobile App??? 1 Week, 2 Days ago  
Understand the difference between the mobile app, and a responsive site.

The app is something you install on your phone. It will be the RSC app and will only load the forum. So it will be easy to get to and use the site from your phone.

VBulletin is also responsive. Meaning that the site will change its layout, fonts, etc to fit on different size screens. We would just need to use a responsive theme. Here's a responsive demo. Load it on your phone and desktop to see the difference.

So without the app you will still have easy access to the RSC with a good user experience. But it will be through your phone's or tablet's web browser. But the app might be more convenient.

Tapatalk will work with VBulletin, but it needs a plugin to be installed on the VBulletin site. We can't do this on their Cloud service because Tapatalk is a 3rd party plugin. So Tapatalk won't work for us.
 
Logged Logged  
 
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1028711
BubbaKahuna (User)
No reasonable excuse for what I am about to do.
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 4601
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Jefferson, WI,53549 USA
Re:Mobile App??? 1 Week, 2 Days ago  
If your mobile unit does web pages really well using one of the browsers for mobile you can continue to do so.
The app is a dedicated app specifically ported to the Roadstar Clinic on the vBulletin cloud hosting.
 
Logged Logged  
 
This fits in here, right? I mean, I can make this fit in here ... right?

  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1028713
Spydr (User)
Let's Ride !
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 2251
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl.
Re:Mobile App??? 1 Week, 2 Days ago  
BubbaKahuna wrote:
If your mobile unit does web pages really well using one of the browsers for mobile you can continue to do so.
The app is a dedicated app specifically ported to the Roadstar Clinic on the vBulletin cloud hosting.


O.K., but where do you download it from?

B.T.W, I included a note that the payment was from me, but didn't know I had to specify that it was for the mobile app. How can I Fix that?
 
Logged Logged  
 
Welcome to my NightMare
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1028716
BubbaKahuna (User)
No reasonable excuse for what I am about to do.
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 4601
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Jefferson, WI,53549 USA
Re:Mobile App??? 1 Week, 2 Days ago  
Spydr wrote:
BubbaKahuna wrote:
If your mobile unit does web pages really well using one of the browsers for mobile you can continue to do so.
The app is a dedicated app specifically ported to the Roadstar Clinic on the vBulletin cloud hosting.


O.K., but where do you download it from?

B.T.W, I included a note that the payment was from me, but didn't know I had to specify that it was for the mobile app. How can I Fix that?


Download link will be posted when vBulletin ports the app to the site after we convert to the new board.

Don't worry about it being tagged from you Spydr, it's all for the forum, that's really all I need to have for accounting purposes.

We have met our goal at this point with a whopping $20 surplus.
I'll only revisit this if we find our bandwidth goes over quota & we have to upgrade.
With the fast accumulation of funds to get this far, I can't see that being a problem if needed at some point in the future.
 
Logged Logged  
 
This fits in here, right? I mean, I can make this fit in here ... right?

  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1028717
JEastonjr (User)
Drive for the greater good.
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 1892
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Weymouth, Massachusetts 02191 Birthdate: 1960-00-00
Re:Mobile App??? 1 Week, 2 Days ago  
Did I miss something? I was under the impression that the APP was just a thought at this point.
 
Logged Logged  
 
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#1028719
Spydr (User)
Let's Ride !
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 2251
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl.
Re:Mobile App??? 1 Week, 2 Days ago  
Thanks Bubba. Guess it's obvious now that we were serious

And add my thanks also to your Boss.
 
Logged Logged  
 
Last Edit: 2018/02/07 16:08 By Spydr.
 
Welcome to my NightMare
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top Post Reply
Powered by FireBoardget the latest posts directly to your desktop
...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... -->
New Forum Posts




The Road Star Clinic is a collaborative community of riders who archive and publish user contributed technical data about Yamaha Road Star motorcycles.

We also sponsor the creation and support of other community websites similar to our own. Inquiries about availability of a website for your community can be submitted to us via any "Contact Us" option on the Clinic.

Copyright 2003-2007 Road Star Clinic and its respective authors. Road Star Clinic is sponsored by the folks at MLSHomeQuest.com.