Hey all, wanted to share some pics of my first attempt/prototype of my Home made Big Air. I took a stock breather cover that wasnt in such good shape and laid out a pattern and cut it out with a scroll blade in my jig saw. After some filing sanding and shaping I traced the cutout of one side on to some 3/16 plate steel and cut them out, then found some stainless woven wire in a size to my liking and started hammering. Here are the results...
I am looking into water jetting to see if I can get a cleaner cut without any chrome lifting, as you can see the jig saw blade did a little in some places. Will also make the wire mesh "stand up" more in the holes to make it a little bolder.
Hope you like,