It's an awesome ride isn't it!? Handles like a much smaller bike now? I do notice how soft the front end feels now. Have you upgraded the fork springs? My next move on this bike.
Glad you got it done and are happy with it!
It sure is a great ride!
Even with our bad roads over the mountain passes the ride is excellent even on the lowest setting. The pump was a pain to get under the cover but with some very creative modifications it can be done. The beautiful harness built by Gonzo (Thanks again!)was a nice addition that fit great under the right side cover. I already had a relay under the seat so I tapped into that rather than on the battery post for keyed power. Gonzo's harness leaves plenty of room to mount the switch most anywhere though I installed mine under the left side off of the tank mounting bolt. As far as the shock goes I was not able to remove the factory Honda bushing insert without damage so I was lucky enough to find some bronze bushings at Ace Hardware that fit the shock eye perfectly. I think this may be a better solution for most as the stock Goldwing rubber/metal bushing is pretty cheesy and may be destroyed on removal (our shock was brand new, so a used one may come out easier, I don't know). They are also very inexpensive and fit the shock eye exactly with the Yamaha insert being nice and snug. You will need to tap the factory bushing in due to the tight fit. I also used some flat washers under the bushing flanges to make the setup the same width as the original Yamaha shock eye which keeps the suspension links tight against the bushing like factory.For my shock that meant 4mm total under the flanges on each side. Also with the use of the bronze it becomes a serviceable part unlike the factory one which cannot be ordered from Honda separately, they want you to buy the entire shock.
Bushing brand and part number:
Hillman 18mm X 22mm X 18mm Flange bearing H# 883809
And they only cost $2.79 + tax (price may vary and you will need two)
Bronze bushings installed
4mm of washers under each bushing flange for width
New hole drilled 13/16" from center of original hole with a 15/32 drill bit
Once assembled I noticed the shock linkage hit the spring plate so I ground it to not make contact
This is the assembled shock. The pump was placed on the swingarm to test for fit which did not work as it hit the oil tank
once installed on the bike
Another picture with a view from the tire side
I will take more pictures of the pump location and wiring once I get it cleaned up a bit