Installing a V.O.E.S. for the Mikuni HSR carburetor
Written by Randy Fox (Randysgym)
Thursday, 11 October 2007
Page 3 of 6
- Vacuum Operated Electrical Switch (VOES), with included mounting bracket hardware. See previous section for part numbers.
- Vacuum tubing, 5/32” diameter. Quantity: 1-foot, if you will be mounting the VOES near the carb, as I did. Tip: A piece of vacuum hose from the AIS can be used, if you have removed your AIS.
- Two tiny hose clamps, optional. They are for the vacuum hose. Tip: I used ones left over from removing my AIS.
- Flat washer for a bolt with a 6mm shaft, if you will be mounting the VOES in the same location as I did.
- Dielectric (silicone) grease, to inhibit corrosion of the electrical connections.
- Electrical tape or electrical shrink-tubing.
- High Temp gasket maker, such as Permatex RTV silicone #26B, red. This is for securely mounting the VOES to the bracket supplied.
- Wire stripping tool of some kind
- Wire cutters
- Needle nose pliers, if using 'squeeze-on' type hose clamps
- Screwdriver, if using screw-on type hose clamps
- 10mm metric wrench (socket, open-end, box, or whatever)
- 5mm hex wrench for removing the gas tank
- Large screwdriver or pliers for pushing on the VOES bracket retainer, optional, if you will be using the supplied bracket for your installation
- Large phillips (X) screwdrivers for disconnecting the battery
- Wire crimper or crimping pliers, if using crimped-on wire connectors
- Soldering pencil and solder, if using soldered connections